Backend Developer Atlas (m/f) - Lisbon
About TEKEVER Digital:
Join TEKEVER Digital, where we combine our start-up spirit with our passion for beautiful engineering (yes, good engineering is beautiful!), user-friendly, functional and impactful software that hundreds of thousands of people use on a daily basis.
TEKEVER Digital is a team of highly talented, ambitious and creative software developers striving to have the best people and know-how to become the #1 Digital Transformation tech company in Portugal.
We’ve been developing applications and software for Banking, Insurance, Urban Mobility, Utilities, Healthcare, Government and Defence since 2001, from the pre-iPhone mobile-web applications, to the bleeding-edge of mobile and web development.
At TEKEVER, depending on your role and project, you'll be able to opt to work from our Lisbon office, remotely or both.
About the role:
TEKEVER ATLAS software platform integrates together many sensors into a single cohesive view of the world, providing needed context for our users. Software engineers at TEKEVER build the systems that run on our Unmanned Autonomous Vehicles, the networking and backend services that integrate large amounts of sensor data, and the user interfaces that display that data in real time.
We believe in having little separation between engineers and our users as well as between engineering teams. As a Software Engineer, you will be working alongside a team of engineers with a diverse set of backgrounds and skills. TEKEVER has a collaborative culture with plenty of opportunities for ownership and growth. As an early member of the team, your decisions today will have a large impact on the company now and into the future, as well as our customers!
We believe that simple systems are easier to understand, maintain, and scale. You will be making trade-offs as you work to ensure that our systems are prepared to scale - so being able to effectively communicate these trade-offs with your teammates is a must.
What you’ll do:
- Be responsible for the full lifecycle development of software products from problem discovery to solution delivery;
- Maintain contextual awareness of technical architecture within your engineering group in order to advise and guide design decisions across the group;
- Maintain relationships with delivery teams or other engineering teams (software and hardware!) who use your software products in order to respond and adapt quickly to new missions and use cases;
- Mentor and coach other engineers to be well equipped to step into owning parts of the full software engineering lifecycle;
- Define what great looks like with regards to software engineering practices;
- Balance short term tensions from the business against long term product vision and roadmap.
- BSc in Computer Science, Engineering, or relevant field;
- Solid experience as Python Developer;
- 3+ years of development experience with Python 3;
- Experience with Python frameworks (e.g. Django, Flask, Bottle);
- Familiarity with Google Cloud Web Services (GCP) and RESTful APIs, Neo4j, GraphQL;
- Experience as NodeJs developer;
- Attention to detail;
- Proficiency in English;
- Capability to address strict timelines;
- Customer orientation and agile mindset.
Nice to Have
- Experience with Git Flow;
- Experience with Jira and Confluence;
- Experience in working in agile teams, using Scrum;
- Deep knowledge of software architecture and development practices.
- Hands-on experience with the latest technology in a highly-scalable project;
- The chance to work at a true Tech Company, where we are vertically integrated with our Unmanned Aerial Systems and Space teams;
- Working in a multicultural and growing company - we just got our first round of investment, we’re in a hyper growth trajectory;
- Remote and Hybrid work policy;
- Year-round training, at your own choosing;
- Young, open, informal and dynamic work environment;
- Continuous 360º feedback;
- 2 Extra vacation days per year;
- Paid sick-leave.
Your Interview Experience:
- Your CV/Profile will be analysed by our team;
- Interview with HR;
- Technical Challenge;
- Hiring Manager and Technical Interview;
- WELCOME ABOARD! 🙌🏼
We are committed to hiring irrespective of Religion, Gender or Ethnicity. At TEKEVER, we strive for Diversity, Equity and Belonging. Do you have what it takes? Apply now! Send your CV to JOBS@TEKEVER.COM.