Senior Software Developer (m/f/x) - TEKEVER UK
Is your dream job developing amazing software using a state-of-the-art technology to help save lives?
TEKEVER is the European lead manufacturer of Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) and now we're matching our know-how and experience in this field with a state-of-the-art user interface experience. Our mission is to bring to our customers THE Actionable Intelligence they need to make the best decisions faster.
As part of the Ground Control Software team, you’ll help develop the Ground control system for our UAS, giving our operators and pilots all the information required to control the aircraft and gather the intelligence safely and intuitively.
As a senior engineer in this Agile team, you will be helping to build in new UI features, integrate new sensors, data streams and updating our software to the latest technologies. You’ll be an established C# engineer with a firm eye on the future. You’ll also be enthusiastic about mentoring and improving the rest of the team’s knowledge, and pragmatic about improving code in an Agile production environment.
- You’ll see the value in being a team player and you’ll enjoy working together more than apart. You’ll lead splitting large stories into meaningful chunks for the team to work on concurrently;
- Be inquisitive, we want you to question the Code, Pull requests, and Processes and advise on better practices and help up-skill where deficits are found;
- Be bold with your ideas, your voice will help shape the team’s success regardless of your experience;
- Focused short bursts of work, we love agile, and focus on delivering capabilities quickly and iteratively building them up, and as a senior you’ll be expected to help improve productivity;
- Be safe, we work in the aviation industry so safe code development and a safe product is paramount;
- Your code should bleed quality and you should make sure others code does too, we’re actively making our code more readable, testable and extensible. You should value clean code and you should drive this culture in the rest of the team;
- Learn quick, we’ve got a huge breadth of capabilities you’ll need to get your teeth into and understand, and you’ll be keen to explore new tech stacks, be keen to become a subject matter expert in part of our product;
- Be proud of your work, show it off, present it & document it and as a Senior you should be checking that others show the same pride in their work;
- Be a pragmatic leader, and lead by example, show the team where improvements can be made, but balance it against productivity and customer deadlines.
Good to have:
- 10+ years’ experience of software development predominately on C# desktop applications;
- A working knowledge of distributed, live data systems, with message queuing;
- Good level of knowledge of how to contribute to quality software (can lead in TDD, BDD & Solid coding practices);
- Expert knowledge of design patterns and their uses;
- You’ll understand Scrum and the Agile principles and understand why they’re valuable;
- A Good working understanding of different database technologies and their applications would be appreciated;
- A strong computer science background would be preferential but not essential.
We work in a highly flexible, Agile environment, where we work from home, but go into the office when there’s value, no arbitrary office hours. You’ll have 25 days holiday, help and support to continue training and education, a superb pension up to 10% matched by the company, an employee assistance programme, relocation allowance if required, a discretionary annual bonus and competitive salary.
It is an exciting time in our expanding team & company, we have plenty of new and re-engineering opportunities, and your help and input will be crucial. Come and make your mark in an exciting and interesting technology domain.
Apply now at JOBS@TEKEVER.COM